These automatic self cleaning suction hydraulic types, specially designed for very high flows – up to 14,000 m3/hr, (61,600 gpm) combine the advantages of high quality filtration from different water sources (sewage, reservoirs, rivers, lakes, etc.), with a self-cleaning feature, offering the customer a continuous water supply.
The filter is comprised of one or several filtering elements in one body, enabling the user to enjoy the advantages of a sophisticated automatic filter for high flows in a single body, saving footprint and the need for a battery of filters. The filter uses the water pressure for the self-cleaning process, eliminating the need for a power supply.
The filters are designed for use in wide range of industrial, municipal and irrigation applications.
The main element is made of stainless steel with a large filtration open area for water flow in order to withstand high dirt load and pressure. Cleaning of the screen is performed once the pressure loss (ΔP) across the filter has reached the preset value [up to 0.5 bar (7psi)].
The flushing valve opens and pressure is released from the hydraulic piston, and water flows outside through the flushing valve. Pressure in the hydraulic motor chamber and the dirt collector is significantly lowered, the dirt collector nozzles movement and a rotation cleans the screen’s entire internal surface. The flushing cycle takes 10-15 seconds. The flushing valve closes at the end of the cycle and the filter is clean.
During the whole process water supply is uninterrupted.
Flushing can be performed by one or more filter elements simultaneously.
- Inlet/outlet parallel, on an axis of 90° or 180°.
- The filters are electrostatically coated with polyester or epoxy coating at a thickness of 150-200 µm (micron meters) and oven cured.
- Filters are supplied with a stainless steel screen, available in varying micron sizes as needed: 50-3000 µm (micron meters).
- Maximum recommended working pressure: up to 10 bar (145 psi).
- Minimum operating working pressure during flushing: 2 bar (29 psi).
- Maximum water temperature: 65°C (149°F)
- Clean screen pressure loss: <0.1 bar (1.45 psi).
- Minimum flushing flow (3" valve) : <50 m³/h ,220 gpm
- Filters are designed to order from 16"-54".
- A time basis backup (preset by the customer), guarantees that the flushing cycle will occur even if the head loss has not reached the preset value.
|1. Hydraulic valve
2. Hydraulic Piston
3. Flushing Chamber
4. Hydraulic motor
5. Filter Body
6. Fine Screen
7. Dirt collector
8. Suction Nozzles
9. Inlet chamber
10. Drain Valve
11. Pressure Gauge
12. Terminal connections Assembly
13. PLC controller