MEGA Electric Brushes Series
These automatic self -cleaning electric type brushes filters, specially designed for very high flows – up to 14,000 m3/hr,(61,600 gpm) combine the advantages of high quality filtration from different water sources (sewage, reservoirs, rivers, lakes and etc.), with a self-cleaning feature, offering the customer a continuous water supply.
The filter is comprised of one or several filtering elements in one body, enabling the user to enjoy the advantages of a sophisticated automatic filter for high flows in a single body, saving footprint and the need for a battery of filters.
The filters are designed for use in a wide range of industrial, municipal and irrigation applications.
The main element is made of stainless steel with a large filtration open area for water flow in order to withstand high dirt load and pressure. Cleaning of the screen is performed once the pressure loss (ΔP) across the filter has reached the preset value [up to 0.5 bar (7psi)].
The flushing valve opens and pressure in the inner part of the screen is significantly lowered. The electric motor rotates the brushes around its axis. The brushes wipe all the dirt and efficiently clean the entire internal screen. The whole process takes 10-15 seconds. At the end of the cleaning process the flushing valve closes and the operation of the electric motor is stopped.
During the whole process water supply is uninterrupted.
Flushing can be performed with one or more filter elements simultaneously.
- Inlet/outlet on an axis of 90° (vertical layout).
- The filters are electrostatically coated with polyester or epoxy coating at a thickness of 200-250 µm (micron meters) .
- Filters are supplied with a stainless steel screen, available in varying micron size as needed: 500-3000 µm (micron meters).
- Maximum recommended working pressure: up to 10 bar (145 psi).
- Minimum operating working pressure during flushing: 1 bar (14.5 psi).
- Maximum water temperature: 65°C (149°F)
- Clean screen pressure loss: <0.1 bar (1.45 psi).
- Minimum flushing flow (3" valve): <50 m³/h,220 gpm
- Filters are designed to order from 16"-54".
- A time basis backup (preset by the customer), guarantees that a flushing cycle will occur even if the head loss has not reached the preset value.
|1. Electric Valve
2. Electric Motor
4. Filter Body
5. Fine Screen
6. Brushes Assembly
8. Inlet chamber
9. Drain Valve
10. Solenoid valve
11. Terminal connections Assembly
12. Pressure Gauge
13. Pressure differential
14. PLC controller